Good people of the kingdom of cosplay! It’s time for another edition of Castle Cosplay Night, so don your best/favorite costume and come party with us!
18+ welcome, 21+ to drink with VALID government issued id (driver license, id card, passport, military id)
Costume contest at 1:30
Note: we do NOT do the costume contest onstage! We don’t interrupt the flow of the djs, or the people dancing and having a good time. So, if you want to know who wins, either stay posted in here, or join us in the Red Room! (The separate bar room right at the top of the stairs- the Overwatch Hanamura Lounge)
$200 Best in Show
$100 Best Duo/Group
Custom certificates for all winners
*Best in Show
*Judge’s Choice (one for each judge)
*Honorable Mention (number varies)
Costume contest judges:
🌙 Kira Chi Cosplay- Cosplayer, Model, Entertainer, Gamer and sometimes even a magical girl by night! Kira has been cosplaying since 2008 making her mark cosplaying Sailor Moon. Her love for everything Anime to Gaming to Comics can be seen through anything she does. She’s cosplayed characters such as The Fire Keeper ( Dark Souls 3), Zero ( Drakengard) Vanille (Final Fantasy XIII), Harley Quinn and of course her many portrayals of Sailor Moon. She has acted as a cosplay host for LAMEcon for years and has experience with many different aspects within the convention community. Kira is excited to be joining us in this fun filled night!
🏆 Voltarius89- Cosplayer, Movie addict, Gaymer, and potato lover (literally if it’s made from a potato I love it). Voltarius89 has cosplayed in Florida since 2014 and has been to DragonCon and KatsuCon. Voltarius89 has won The CW south Florida SuperCon people’s choice contest with Darius (League of Legends) in 2014 also in 2014 was featured in Kotaku.com‘s top 25 Megacon Cosplay’s for Colossal Titan with Wall Maria (Attack on Titan). In January of 2017 he won The Castle’s Cosplay contest with his Mountain (Game of Thrones).
🎮 Escape the Vault- cosplayer, gamer, party personality, and former gogo and model, Escape the Vault has been all over the board since about 2012, portraying varied characters from Lydia Deetz to Cleo DeNile (Monster High) to Morrigan (Dragon Age) to her (literally) award-winning Jack (Mass Effect 3) at DragonCon 2014. www.facebook.com/
Legendary DJs Mark Paradise and Tom Gold in the ballroom, DJ Sean on the patio!
Overwatch agents Raven Lunatique and company will be holding down the fort and slinging heroic themed drinks in the Overwatch Hanamura Lounge off the main ballroom.
Coat/prop check available- $2/item; also providing cosplay repair items, tums, ibuprofin, etc for tips.
Stuff you should know:
1) Castle Cosplay Night is inclusive of all cosplayers. Please use common sense, be considerate of other attendees, and be aware of your surroundings.
2) Costumes must be “street legal”.
3) Open toed footwear is permitted, but not recommended.
4) All military, law enforcement, and other emergency service costumes should be easily distinguishable from official uniforms.
5) Hate symbols, even historical hate symbols (i.e. swastikas, etc), will not be tolerated.
6) Rollerblades, roller skates, and skateboards are not allowed in the event space.
7) Stilts are allowed, as long as you are wearing them. (They are, however, not recommended.)
8) Prop weapons must conform with state/federal laws. (Orange tips, etc.) Projectile weapons must be rendered inoperable.
8) No signs offering services or making requests to be hugged/touched.
9) The Castle has a zero tolerance policy for drug use and underage drinking.